Backwoods hick singer/songwriter courted by two New York song pluggers. From the "Mountain Music" story of Charlton comic book Hillbilly Comics #1 (August 1955). He's an ornery cuss, even by 1950s comic book hillbilly standards, so that's saying something. But they manage to make their case to him. Unfortunately for the city slickers, Luke has a good lawyer. Then he decides the hillbilly songs they are so anxious to get their hands on are too square, and he's going... mambo!
- "Lover's Lane is a Dead End Street"
- "The Avalanche Hitting the Picnic"
- "I Heard You Calling at the Hog Callers' Jamboree"
- "Her Bridal Veil Kept Out the Flies"
- "They Hung Him on His Birthday"