Long-lived, stogie-smoking Tin Pan Alley songwriter played by Martin Short. He would frequently ramble, name-drop Al Jolson and Sophie Tucker, and then tell an off-screen piano player to "gimme a C, a bouncy C!" and then ad-lib a song.
He's written over two thousand songs! Two of his hits from the 1920s and 1930s are "Ain't She a Cutie" and "The Dame From Nightly High."
- Martin Short: Concert for the North Americas, 1985, TV special
- "The Irving Who Came to Dinner" episode of The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley, 3 Dec. 1988.
- Episode 110 of Muppets Tonight, July 14, 1996
- Episode of Primetime Glick, 25 July 2001
- I, Martin Short, Goes Home 2012, TV special