Indie/college rock band enjoyed by cartoon character Strong Sad in the Homestar Runner cartoon universe. Their name is properly rendered upside down with a red "o": ʎɥsols
They first appeared in the "concert" cartoon (August 20, 2007); where they opened for Limozeen. It's mentioned they had been together for 5 or 6 years.
The "concert" cartoon shows their self-titled EP:
- "ok fine"
- "art troll"
In the "Limozeen vs. Sloshy" cartoon the two bands cover each other's songs.
- Split single with Limozeen
The "Record Store Day" cartoon (April 18, 2015) showed an extensive back discography:
- "Girlfriend Haircut" single
- "B-est of B-Sides" one-sided single
- the worst fonts EP
- instruments we don't play
- Whose Baby is This? (UK only)
- the 'we need a lawyer' EP
- Final Assault
- All Tomorrow's Euro-Restrooms
- Early Demos and Worse From Like, Forever Ago
- because girl bassist, that's why
- "Architecture Jerk" b/w "Helvetica Chump" single
In the "Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 17.2" cartoon (April 1, 2016), ʎɥsols member Mitch leaves a message on Marizpan's answering machine about their planned split 7-inch with her band Cool Tapes. He sings "Phonin' It In."
They are on Coolier Than Thou Records.
- Mitch Stockton, lead vocalist and guitarist
- Clark Cross-Country, bassist and backing vocalist
- Dan DiMinilliditto, drummer
The "Record Store Day" montage seems to show some other band members, including a female bassist on because girl bassist, that's why. In 2018, they added guitarists Doug Tarndner and Mark D.