From Rocklopedia Fakebandica
Revision as of 12:15, 19 October 2017 by T.Mike
Cabaret singer at the Kit Kat Klub in pre-WWII Berlin, Germany as the Nazi tide rises ominously around her.
Her many phased history includes:
- Christopher Isherwood's 1937 novella Sally Bowles.
- Isherwood then included or adapted the material into his 1939 novel Goodbye to Berlin.
- John Van Druten then adapted that novel into his 1951 stage play I Am a Camera.
- Van Druten's play was adapted into a film of the same name in 1955.
- John Kander, Fred Ebb, and Joe Masteroff turned I Am a Camera into the stage musical Cabaret.
- Bob Fosse then directed the best known, classic, 1972 film version, Cabaret, where Liza Minelli played Bowles.
Phew. You've come a long way, baby.